Fall 2014 Nominations
The nominations considered for use as a First-Year Book should have some or all of the following characteristics:
- Be highly readable
- Be relevant to the first-year experience
- Engage freshmen and draw them into reading and reflection
- Encourage freshmen to grow intellectually
- Encourage thought and discussion in a variety of courses and contexts
- Address contemporary social issues
- Have wide appeal
- Be of appropriate length
- Provide opportunities for creative assignments
- Provide inspiration for supporting activities such as speakers, films, exhibits, performances, contests etc.
If you know of a book that meets these characteristics and that you feel all entering first-year students should read, fill out the information below to nominate it.