|The Panther Excellence Program is your opportunity to get on campus early and start using the resources, meeting the people, taking the initiative and developing the skills to make the most of your college experience.
Georgia State University’s Panther Excellence Program (PEP) gives you a unique and exciting opportunity to quickly establish yourself at Georgia State University and set yourself up for academic and interpersonal success. Through the Panther Excellence Program, you will:
- Develop strong study habits and academic skills
- Begin fulfilling degree requirements
- Increase your likelihood of attaining or maintaining the HOPE Scholarship eligibility
- Learn about a wealth of resources for support and guidance
- Make enduring friendships
Panther Excellence Program consists of programs, activities and services that work together–and with you to put you on the path to college success:
- Individualized study skills and learning-style assessments
- Academic skills workshops including time management, memory and concentration, how to read a textbook, how to talk to your professor
- Peer Mentoring
- Leadership development
- Introduction to key faculty and staff
- Individualized guidance and support from Financial Aid, University Advisement Center, Scholarship Resource Center, Academic Coaching, and more
- Social and networking events including leadership retreat, and civic engagement opportunities
- Group Study sessions
To be considered for the Panther Excellence Program, you must meet the following requirements.
- Invitation from the Office of Admissions (email or letter)
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2015-2016 (Georgia State’s school code is 001574)
- Signed Commitment Statement to participate for the duration of the program (available during Incept and Orientation)
The fall and spring semesters of the Panther Excellence Program consist of twelve to thirteen credit hours for all participants for each semester.
Success in college takes commitment and engagement–both in the classroom and out–so the Panther Excellence Program asks for your full participation in a range of specific programs and activities:
- Mandatory attendance at selected academic and co-curricular events throughout the year, including one-on-one meetings with PEP staff
- Commitment to enroll in designated Core Curriculum classes in fall 2015 (all Core courses will count toward your major, regardless of major)
To accept the invitation to participate in Georgia State Panther Excellence Program, click here.