State Farm® Scholars
Save money and get ahead at Perimeter College. Apply to become a State Farm® Scholar to take advantage of a unique suite of support services designed to help you succeed at the college level.
State Farm® Scholars receive:
- Up to $8,000 per year for up to two years (four semesters)
- Leadership training throughout the year, including opportunities for professional development and workshops on money management, résumé writing, job interviews and more
- Valuable job experience mentoring local high school students or working to support student success at Perimeter College
- Personalized support, guidance and academic advisement
The scholarship will cover your tuition and fees and provide you with a stipend in return for your work in the mentoring and supplemental instruction programs.
Applying and Eligibility
Georgia State awards up to 40 State Farm® Scholarships each year. To be considered, apply online. The application includes an essay and a letter of recommendation.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2017–18, and demonstrate financial need.
- Apply for admission, get accepted and commit to enroll full time at Perimeter College in any two-year associate degree pathway (Decatur Campus only).
- Be willing to participate in a mentoring program for high school students and support student success at Perimeter College.
Apply by May 1, 2017
About State Farm®
The State Farm® mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm believes all children deserve access to a quality education to help them achieve their greatest potential, help them become good community citizens, and prepare them for the workforce. As a corporate leader in service-learning, State Farm is impacting communities by partnering with organizations to increase academic achievement and rate of graduation through community involvement, raise academic standards and graduation requirements, improve assessments and strengthen accountability, and focus the business community’s attention on education by improving student achievement.
State Farm® Scholars are part of Learning, Income and Family Transformation (LIFT), Georgia State’s latest student success initiative. Funded in part by State Farm, LIFT combines data-driven academic advisement with scholarships, employment opportunities, leadership training and more to help students from every background stay on track for graduation.
Georgia State LIFT Program Contact
Georgia State University, Perimeter College
Decatur, GA 30034