- Success Academy Participation Form Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2014
- Success Academy Reception (plan on attending one):
- Monday, March 10, 2014
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- Monday, April 21, 2014
- Success Academy Orientation: Thursday-Friday, June 5-6, 2014
- First Day of Class: Monday, June 9, 2014
What are the costs?
- Students will be enrolled in 7 credit hours. Tuition and fees for the Summer Semester will amount to $2,822.40. Students may apply their financial aid awards toward the tuition and fees costs.
- Living on campus is highly recommended for this program. Students participating in the Success Academy will be housed in Piedmont North in a Shared Bedroom for $1,100.00.
- Students living on campus will also be required to have a meal plan. The meal plan rate is $831, which provides 3 meals per day, all you can eat for seven weeks.
- Housing and meal plans can be covered by Financial Aid.
Once you have accepted the invitation to join the program and received your Campus ID, you can fill out the GSU Housing application.
Please complete the “June-July 2014” contract. There is a $100.00 room reservation fee required immediately that will be applied to your overall cost for housing. Students participating in the Success Academy will be housed in Piedmont North in a Shared Bedroom for $1,100.00. Please indicate your participation in the Academy on the contract. Students who live in Housing will also be required to purchase a meal plan for $831.00, which provides 3 meals per day/all you can eat for seven weeks.
Do I have to live on campus?
While living on campus is not required, it is strongly recommended. Students who live on campus have a higher retention rate than those who reside off campus, make friends faster, learn about themselves and how to live with others, and become engaged with the university much faster.
How do I accept the invitation?
After receiving the invitation from the Office of Admissions, students will need to complete the Success Academy Participation Form. The completed form will not only provide the Office of Undergraduate Studies with information on how best to help Success Academy students succeed in their transition to college, but will also serve as an indication that you intend on enrolling this summer.
For further helpful information, consult the Success Academy’s FAQ [PDF].
For more details about the Success Academy, contact Georgia State’s Office of Admissions.
Office of Admissions
200 Sparks Hall
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
email@example.com • 404/413-2032