- Deadline to Submit Intent to Enroll: Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Success Academy Reception (All receptions will take place in 100 Auburn Ave, NE. Check-in starts at 5:30 p.m. Make sure you attend one.):
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Monday, March 30, 2015
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Success Academy Orientation (Make sure to attend one.):
- Thursday, May 21, 2015
- Friday, May 22, 2015
- First Day of Class: Monday, June 8, 2015
- Last Day of Summer Class: Friday, July 31, 2015
- First Day of Class (fall): Monday, August 24, 2015
What are the costs?
- Students will be enrolled in 7 credit hours. In-state tuition and fees for the Summer Semester will amount to $2,738.80. Students may apply their financial aid awards toward the tuition and fees costs.
- Living on campus is highly recommended for this program, but not required. Students participating in the Success Academy will be housed in Piedmont North in a Shared Bedroom for $1,100.00.
- Students who chose to live on campus will be required to have a meal plan. The meal plan rate is $831.00, which provides 3 meals per day, all you can eat for seven weeks.
- Housing and meal plans can be covered by Financial Aid.
Once you have accepted the invitation to join the program and received your Campus ID, you can fill out the GSU Housing application.
Please complete the “June-July 2015” contract. There is a $100.00 room reservation fee required immediately that will be applied to your overall cost for housing. Students participating in the Success Academy will be housed in Piedmont North in a Shared Bedroom for $1,100.00. Please indicate your participation in the Academy on the contract. Students who live in Housing will also be required to purchase a meal plan for $831.00, which provides 3 meals per day/all you can eat for seven weeks. Please note that living on campus during the summer semester does not guarantee a bed for the fall semester. Students who wish to live on campus for fall and spring must complete a separate application on Housing’s website.
Do I have to live on campus?
While living on campus is not required, it is strongly recommended. Students who live on campus have a higher retention rate than those who reside off campus, make friends faster, learn about themselves and how to live with others, and become engaged with the university much faster.
How do I accept the invitation?
After receiving the invitation from the Office of Admissions, students will need to complete the Intent to Enroll form online. To learn more about the program, it is recommended that students and parents/guests attend one of the receptions hosted by the Offices of Admissions and Undergraduate Studies.
For further helpful information, consult the Success Academy’s FAQ [PDF].
For more details about the Success Academy, contact Georgia State’s Office of Admissions.
Office of Admissions
200 Sparks Hall
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
firstname.lastname@example.org • 404/413-2032