State Farm® Scholars
Save Money and Get Ahead at Perimeter College.
Apply to become a State Farm® Scholar to take advantage of support services designed to help you succeed at the college level.
State Farm® Scholars Receive:
- A scholarship package of up to $4,000 each year
- Leadership training throughout the year, including opportunities for professional development and workshops on money management, résumé writing, job interviews and more
- Valuable job experience mentoring local high school students or working to support student success at Perimeter College
- Personalized support, guidance and academic advisement
The scholarship will assist with your tuition and fees and provide you with a stipend in return for your work in the mentoring and supplemental instruction programs.
Tahlea Telford, Scholarship Winner
How does it work?
Applying and Eligibility
Georgia State awards up to 50 State Farm® Scholarships each year. To be considered, apply online. The application includes an essay and a letter of recommendation.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2017–18, and demonstrate financial need.
- Apply for admission, get accepted and commit to enroll full time at Perimeter College in any two-year associate degree pathway (Decatur Campus only).
- Be willing to participate in a mentoring program for high school students and support student success at Perimeter College.
Apply by May 1, 2017
About State Farm®
The State Farm® mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected and realize their dreams. State Farm® believes all children deserve access to a quality education and is committed to helping them achieve their greatest potential, become good community citizens and prepare for the workforce. A corporate leader in service-learning, State Farm® is partnering with communities and organizations to boost academic achievement and graduation rates, raise academic standards and requirements, and strengthen assessments and accountability. State Farm® is focusing the business community’s attention on education by improving student achievement.
State Farm® Scholars are part of Learning, Income and Family Transformation (LIFT), Georgia State’s latest student success initiative. Funded in part by State Farm, LIFT combines data-driven academic advisement with scholarships, employment opportunities, leadership training and more to help students from every background stay on track for graduation.