The Panther Gateway Program is a unique invitation-only program that will provide students with the opportunity to take a specially curated set of Perimeter College courses on our downtown Atlanta Campus at the lower Perimeter College tuition rate. Panther Gateway Program students will enjoy a vibrant big-college experience while benefiting from the dedicated teaching and co-curricular support offered by faculty and staff in the program. As part of PGP you will receive:
- Leadership training
- Faculty and peer mentoring
- Career counseling
- Tutoring and student success coaching
- Financial literacy
- Enhanced academic advising
- Special cocurricular and engagement opportunities
The Panther Gateway Program consists of programs, activities and services that work together—and with you—to put you on the path to college success:
- Individualized study skills and learning-style assessments
- Academic skills workshops including time management, memory and concentration, how to read a textbook and how to talk to your professor
- Supplemental Instruction
- Peer mentoring
- Leadership development
- Introduction to key faculty and staff
- Individualized guidance and support from Financial Aid, University Advisement Center, Scholarship Resource Center, Student Success Coaching and more
- Social and networking events including leadership retreat and civic engagement opportunities
- Group study sessions
The Panther Gateway Program is by invitation only. If invited, you can reserve your spot by:
- Completing the Intent to Enroll form within your Status Check by May 1, 2023.
- Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Georgia State’s school code is 001574).
- Keeping an eye on your Georgia State email for further details about New Student Orientation and Atlanta Campus housing options for the program.
- Signing the Panther Promise to participate in all the required curricular and cocurricular activities for the duration of the program (available during New Student Orientation).
How Do I Stay in the Program?
Success in college takes commitment and engagement—both in and out of the classroom—so the Panther Gateway Program asks for your full participation in a range of specific programs and activities:
- Mandatory attendance at selected academic and cocurricular events throughout the year, including one-on-one meetings with your mentors, coaches, advisers, and attending leadership and career development workshops, Supplemental Instruction, and tutoring and study sessions.
- Commitment to enroll in carefully curated Perimeter Learning Communities in Fall 2023 and Spring 2024. All learning communities include required courses that count toward your core curriculum, regardless of major.
- The fall and spring semesters of the Panther Gateway Program consist of 15 credit hours for all participants for each semester.
- At the end of the first academic year, this program provides you with the unique opportunity to choose to transition to the Atlanta Campus as a bachelor’s degree-seeking student (with a minimum of 30 hours completed and a 2.0 GPA), or you can opt to complete your associate degree at any of our Perimeter College locations throughout the metro Atlanta area.
Panther Gateway FAQs
No. Students who wish to take Perimeter College courses on a Perimeter College campus can do so, but program participants are being offered the chance to take all their Perimeter College classes at the Atlanta campus for this one-year program.
Students who attend the Panther Gateway Program are not required to live on campus but do have the option if they chose to do so. There will be a dedicated set of rooms for PGP participants, and you will enjoy all the benefits of living on campus, close to campuses and in downtown Atlanta. Additional information will be sent on how to apply for PGP Housing.
The Panther Gateway Program classes and programming are held on the Atlanta campus.
No. All students should plan to have a class schedule that is entirely face-to-face. There is no option for an entirely online course schedule.
You will be working with a Georgia State advisor to register for a pre-selected set of courses to best fit your major pathway.
Students should submit their intent to enroll. Once submitted, allow 24-48 hours to receive a CampusID. Once these steps have been completed, students participating in the Panther Gateway Program will receive instructions on how to apply.
Yes, as a Panther Gateway Program student, you will have access to all resources, events and programs that are offered on the Atlanta campus.
No, students are not able to apply to participate in the Panther Gateway Program.
Students chosen for the Georgia State Panther Gateway Program are selected based upon several factors, including academic credentials and courses taken while in high school. The Undergraduate Admissions Office believes that the students selected to participate in this program have demonstrated the ability to succeed at Georgia State when given the resources and support that the Panther Gateway Program provides. For more information, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at [email protected] or 404-413-2500.
If you choose not to participate in the Panther Gateway Program, you will need to enroll for classes on one of our five Perimeter College campuses.
The full cost will be determined in April 2023, but here are estimated costs for one semester of the Panther Gateway Program:
Tuition & Fees
Room & Board
Total Estimated Cost
Parking Fee: $400.00
No, there are no additional costs for the Panther Gateway Program and related student support services.