Get Started on the Path to Success at Perimeter College
A three-semester extended learning community, the Perimeter Academy is your opportunity to make the most of your college education. Starting in the summer, the Academy gets you on campus early so you can use invaluable resources, take initiative and develop the skills to have a successful college career right from the beginning.
Invitations to the Perimeter Academy are available at no additional cost and offered only once. Take advantage of a rare opportunity that will help ensure success throughout your college career, provide you with personalized support you can’t get anywhere else, help you develop your leadership skills and discover new prospects in extracurricular involvement.
Resources You'll Receive:
- Individualized study skills and learning-style assessments
- Academic skills workshops
- Peer mentoring
- Student Success coaching
- Introduction to key faculty and staff
- Individualized guidance and support from the Financial Aid Office, University Advisement Center and more.
- Social and networking events
Clarkston, Decatur, Dunwoody
To be considered for the Perimeter Academy, you must meet the following requirements:
- Apply for summer admission, get accepted and commit to enroll full time at Perimeter College.
- No separate application is required to be considered for the Perimeter Academy.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2020–21 and 2021–22. (It is crucial you complete the FAFSA for both academic years. Use Georgia State’s school code: 001574.)
- You will be invited to join the Perimeter Academy and asked to sign a commitment to participate in all three semesters.
As a participant, you are expected to meet the rigors and requirements of the program in exchange for the necessary and invaluable skills that will enable you to take full advantage of your college education.
Success in college takes commitment and engagement — inside and outside the classroom. To prepare you for this journey, the Perimeter Academy demands your full participation, including:
- Availability on weekdays during the summer semester from 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Good academic standing during the fall and spring semesters. (Students who do not meet this requirement may encounter registration restrictions.)
- Mandatory attendance at select academic and co-curricular events throughout the year.
- Commitment to enroll in designated core curriculum classes from summer to spring semesters. (Note: All core classes count towards all majors.)
Georgia State’s Perimeter Academy offers students a great opportunity to get accepted into the university and get ahead with a strong foundation.
Space in the Perimeter Academy is limited to a select number of participants, so don't delay!
All applicants to Perimeter College are considered for Perimeter Academy. No separate application is necessary.
Admissions Preferred Deadline: May 1, 2023
FAFSA Preferred Deadline: April 1, 2023
Perimeter Academy classes, programs and workshops are held at the Decatur, Clarkston and Dunwoody Campuses.
The Perimeter Academy is part of Learning, Income and Family Transformation (LIFT), Georgia State’s latest student success initiative. Funded in part by State Farm, LIFT combines data-driven academic advisement with scholarships, employment opportunities, leadership training and more to help students from every background stay on track for graduation.