State Farm® Scholars
Save Money and Get Ahead at Perimeter College.
Apply to become a State Farm® Scholar to take advantage of support services designed to help you succeed at the college level.
State Farm® Scholars Receive:
- A scholarship package of up to $4,000 each year
- Leadership training throughout the year, including opportunities for professional development and workshops on money management, résumé writing, job interviews and more
- Valuable job experience mentoring local high school students or working to support student success at Perimeter College
- Personalized support, guidance and academic advisement
The scholarship will assist with your tuition and fees and provide you with a stipend in return for your work in the mentoring and supplemental instruction programs.
How does it work?
Applying and Eligibility
Georgia State awards up to 40 State Farm® Scholarships each year. To be considered, apply online. The application includes an essay and a letter of recommendation.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2018–19, and demonstrate financial need.
- Apply for admission, get accepted and commit to enroll full time at Perimeter College in any two-year associate degree pathway (Decatur Campus only).
- Be willing to participate in a mentoring program for high school students and support student success at Perimeter College.
The priority application deadline is March 15, 2019
About State Farm®
The State Farm® mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected and realize their dreams. State Farm® believes all children deserve access to a quality education and is committed to helping them achieve their greatest potential, become good community citizens and prepare for the workforce. A corporate leader in service-learning, State Farm® is partnering with communities and organizations to boost academic achievement and graduation rates, raise academic standards and requirements, and strengthen assessments and accountability. State Farm® is focusing the business community’s attention on education by improving student achievement.
State Farm® Scholars are part of Learning, Income and Family Transformation (LIFT), Georgia State’s latest student success initiative. Funded in part by State Farm, LIFT combines data-driven academic advisement with scholarships, employment opportunities, leadership training and more to help students from every background stay on track for graduation.