The Success Academy program is a three-semester extended learning community. This is your opportunity to get on campus early and start using the resources, meeting the people, taking the initiative and developing the skills to make the most of your college education. We offer you the support and guidance while at the same time inspiring you to new and exciting levels of academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, and leadership development.
Georgia State’s Success Academy is one of those opportunities that come only once. The individual guidance and coordinated support you will receive are unique to the program and can help ensure your early and ongoing college success.
Be Part of a Community to get You Ready For College
Success Academy consists of programs, activities and services that work together – and with you to put you on the path to college success:
- Individualized study skills and learning-style assessments
- Academic skills workshops including time management, memory and concentration, how to read a textbook, how to talk to your professor
- Peer Mentoring
- Leadership development
- Introduction to key faculty and staff
- Individualized guidance and support from Financial Aid, University Advisement Center, Scholarship Resource Center, and more
- Social and networking events including leadership retreat, and civic engagement opportunities
- Develop strong study habits and academic skills
- Begin fulfilling degree requirements
- Increase your likelihood of attaining or maintaining the HOPE Scholarship eligibility
- Learn about a wealth of resources for support and guidance
- Make enduring friendships
How does it work?
- Deadline to Submit Intent to Enroll: Friday, April 30, 2021
- Check your admissions status check for Success Academy orientation dates
- First Day of Class: Monday, June 7, 2021
- Last Possible Day of Summer Term: Friday, July 31, 2021
- First Day of Class (fall): Monday, August 23, 2021
What are the costs?
- Students will be enrolled in 7 credit hours. In-state tuition and fees for the Summer Semester will amount to $3,151. Students may apply their financial aid awards toward the tuition and fees costs.
How do I accept the invitation?
After receiving the invitation from the Office of Admissions, students will need to complete the Intent to Enroll form in their admissions status check. To learn more about the program, it is recommended that students and parents/guests attend one of the receptions hosted by the Offices of Admissions and Undergraduate Studies.
Georgia State University is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and will continue to follow University on future term activities. We will continue to update our website and send email communication to prospective students. Please feel free to contact us with questions.
|Success Academy||Akeima Guinyardfirstname.lastname@example.org||404-413-2697|
|Perimeter Academy||Jozef Lukeyemail@example.com||678-891-2566|